The Definitive Guide to Revamping Old Clothes
They don’t need to have that fate. With a little skill and inspiration, you can transform the simplest clothes into fashion statements and give them new life. Don’t worry if you’re not a do-it-yourselfer or if you don’t have a lot of supplies in the house – these ideas are easier than you think!
If you can use a sewing machine
The better you can sew, the more chance you have of freshening up old clothes. The end result will also look a little more sophisticated than if you only used scissors, needle and thread. Here are some simple ideas that you can use even with a minimum of sewing skill
– Do you find the neck of a blouse unflattering? It’s easy to repair! You can easily turn a V-shaped boat neck or a turtle neck into a crew neck!
– If you have a dress that you like, but the bottom doesn’t fit, you can cut that part off and turn it into a blouse. The same trick can be used if the dress has a stain that cannot be removed, or if you have burned it with an iron.
– Although they have less fabric, shorts are the same price as regular pants – find a pair you no longer wear and cut them up for free! The advantage of this method is that you can get exactly the length you want.
– Use the embroidery technique to apply unique shapes to simple shirts.
– Sew some lace on the end of the sleeves to create a feminine boho effect.
– Instead of buying a new swimsuit cover, you can cut an old T-shirt to size.
– Cut the back of the T-shirts into interesting patterns with beads
No need to sew
If you don’t have a sewing machine or don’t want to work on your old clothes, these non-sewing techniques are perfect for you.
– Distraction jeans are very popular, but no one wants to spend more than $50 on a pair of jeans that are missing most of the fabric. You can make your own distraction jeans by rubbing the fabric with sandpaper or pumice. That way, even your favorite pair of jeans you wear the most can last at least a season.
– Use ribbons. Find cute ribbon patterns online and use them to freshen up your clothes, not to wrap gifts. You can stick them on the shoulders of your blouse or use a longer ribbon as a belt to shape a straight, oversized dress.
– The trend towards clothing is bigger than ever. As with distraction jeans, you can make your own shredded T-shirt by punching holes in it. If you don’t like your skin to show, another idea would be to take a large men’s t-shirt with ribbons and cut the neck and sleeves to create a muscular top.
– Draw patterns with lace. Take a piece of lace (also from a curtain, if you don’t mind the damage) and put a piece of clothing you want to redesign on top. Then dye the lace with a waterproof marker or special clothing paint. This creates a unique pattern that will withstand the washing machine cycle.
– You love this cool back trend, but you’re not convinced that you should break the rules of your capsule closet for a new top, so do it yourself by taking a simple floating t-shirt or blouse and cutting off the shoulders!
– Everyone has a top that looks good but needs a little more shine. Insert the statement necklace. All you need for this project is a statement necklace and some glue. Next time you go out with a club, save a few minutes on props.
– The buttons may be small, but they can make a big difference in your team. To add a fresh touch to an old jacket, remove the old buttons, and replace them with the new ones. For example, you could add heavy gold buttons to create a strong military look.
Feeling old fashioned? Upgrade your style and learn how to improve your clothes. Discover fashion hacks for your Denim jackets. Torn clothes? Don’t throw them away and instead learn how to upgrade and fix your clothes. Discover solutions for your dirty clothes stains and many other DIY fashion hacks and tips.
Subscribe to Crafty Panda:
Subscribe to Crafty Panda channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC03RvJoIhm_fMwlUpm9ZvFw?sub_confirmation=1
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/craftypanda
Visit the Bored Panda website: https://www.boredpanda.com
Download Crafty Panda Animated Stickers: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bored-panda-animated-stickers/id1423521363?ls=1&mt=8
Loved the music used in this video? We find our music on EpidemicSound: https://bit.ly/2JcUlBa
For sponsored content contact us at email@example.com