Fancy dress is one of the most exciting things for young ones. They love to dress apart and resemble their favourite animal, fruit or any cartoon character. All schools host fancy dress competitions once in a while to amuse these little wonders.
But, what is interesting, is to understand that the fancy dresses could either be rented from a local market, bought online or the easiest way to go about it is to make it at home. Most of the fancy dress ideas are easily doable and could be done at home with very little cost.
It’s fun to get creative beyond the boundaries to see your little wonders jump out of excitement as they are dressed into fancy dress characters of their choice.
1. JELLY BEAN BAG
Requirements: A large plastic bag, a marker, small balloons and a ribbon.
It is an absolutely DIY project. In this, a large bean bag which is the plastic bag is taken. The balloons of different colours are blown and kept aside. Mention the ingredients on the plastic bag with a marker. Carefully cut the legs holes and armholes through the plastic bag and make your child step into it. Then, fill it up with balloons and loosely it around the neck with a ribbon.
This is what you can make at the back of the jelly bean bag for it to look real. You can just randomly mention some figures for each of these breakups.
2. TRAFFIC SIGNAL
Take a chart paper and colour it black. Cut it into a long rectangle which can fit your child vertically. Cut three big circles and color them as red, green and orange and paste them on the rectangle. Make your child wear a full sleeved black shirt and pant and attach or paste this rectangle on the shirt.
3. PRINCESS OF JUNGLE
This is easily doable at home.
A top which has deep cuts and is sleeveless, A short skirt preferably with curve edge at the bottom, curly long hair left open, a tiara, flowers could be used as earrings, a garland made of flowers.
4. HOT AIR BALLOON
It’s very exciting and a lot of fun for kids to dress them like a hot air balloon. It is an extremely doable project for you.
Any big size balloon (keep one more ready in spare just in case somebody pricks it), a soft wooden basket, threads, onesie. Dress your child in a onesie. Blow up the balloon and attach four different long strings to it. Draw two leg holes in the wooden basket and stick a few layers of cello tapes so that the sharp edges of the holes do not hurt your child. Make your child wear the basket below as pants and attach the four strings of the balloon to the basket. And, stuff in some fabric inside the basket to fill it up so that it sticks on to your child well.
5. COTTON CANDY
One of the rarely tried yet very easy and fun options for fancy dress is dressing your child up like cotton candy.
For this, you would need a big sized plastic bag and just stick pink coloured cotton on it. Cut two holes for legs and two for arms in the bag. Make him or her wear the plastic bag first then start stuffing in cotton and then tie the bag around the neck loosely with a thread. Your cotton candy is ready.
6. BARBIE DOLL
Yet another favourite of small kids, Barbie is liked by one and all. It is very easy to dress your kid like a Barbie. The only challenge here is to get the hair done in line with Barbie’s style.
For this, you could buy a wig online in Golden colour like that of a Blonde’s, you need a pair of tights in multicoloured prints preferably till just below knee length, An off-shoulder plain top to match up the tights, A matching hairband or a rubber band to tie around the pony either at the back or on the side.
7. AMUL GIRL
This is yet another exciting unique fancy dress option. Kids love milk and Cheese and they are able to relate with Amul brand.
Any polka-dotted frock till knees or above with a matching bow. Simple as it sounds you just need to do her hair the way it is shown. A small pony on the top with loose hair on all sides is all that is needed.
8. PUNJABI KUDI
Your girl would look too cool as Punjabi girl. Punjabi girls have typical dressing style and wear colourful dresses.
Make sure you make her wear a Patiala with dupatta. She should wear a bold bright lipstick like red or pink, a long pigtail is needed to be attached (The braids should start from the top), plenty of bright coloured bangles for both the hands.
9. CHEESE BURGER
One of the unique yet most exciting options is to dress your child as a cheeseburger.
Felt in yellow, green, red and beige colours, Sewing kit, brown onesie of your kid’s size, Velcro. Cut the yellow felt in square shape big enough to cover your child’s body, cut the red felt in small semi-circles and stitch them on all four sides of the square, cut the green felt into uneven edges to cover all the four sides of the square. Then, just add Velcro to all the separate pieces and stick it on to your cute baby wearing a brown onesie. Make sure you add the beige felt on the top.
The sunflower costume could be bought online or could be hired or bought locally.
Baby girls would love to be dressed as a princess.
Arrange for a really nice long frock or gown till floor-length, little makeup like lipstick and small earrings would make the costume nice, a tiara or a crown is available with any big multipurpose stationary stores.
Fairy is another fascinating option to try out. You can arrange some of the accessories from outside and the rest is doable at home.
Large wings to be worn at the back could be shopped online or arranged locally, a matching long frock or gown, a crown and a magic wand. A magic wand could be made at home, take a stick and wrap it with golden or silver gift wrapper depending on the colour combination of your kid’s costume. Cut the gift wrapper into a big square and make thin pleats out of it. Tie it in the centre and make another similar set. Put one horizontally and the other vertically over it and stick them or staple them together. It is the top of the magic wand and just attach it to the stick with a cello tape.
One of the most popular options for fancy dress is Krishna. It is a very easy DIY costume.
Requirements: Safe edible blue color, a garland, some jewellery for hair, earrings, bangles and anklets, a flute, a crown (with peacock feather preferable or you can fix the feather yourself), yellow dhoti, eye and face make up accessories, a small matka, a white cloth to tie around the top of matka.
Smear the blue colour on the upper body of the kid, including the face except around the eyes. For the eyes, you would need to do a bold makeup with golden shimmery touch. Tie around the dhoti. Put on all the accessories and dress up the child. Fix the peacock feather on the crown with a cello tape or glue.
Instead, if you would like to buy one, we found a good option online:
Dressing as Radha is absolutely doable at home. You can catch hold of any traditional ghagra choli of your child and arrange for the accessories to match up.
Lehenga or ghagra choli, bindi, eye makeup, ear hangings, garlands, lipstick and payal.
15. LORD SHIVA
Dressing as Lord Shiva is very exciting and makes your child the centre of attraction. Though you will have to put up a lot of hard work in this particular costume, the end result is amazing. It is better to arrange the costume for a local fancy dress shop or to buy it online.
Edible blue colour to smear all over the body, a wig that comes with Shiva’s costume, a rudraksha bead as a garland around the neck and as anklet and bracelet to be worn in legs and hands respectively, an artificial snake to wear around the neck, a tilak to smear on the forehead. It is recommended to buy the costume online or from a local shop.
16. LORD GANESH
Lord Ganesh is one of the most loved Gods by kids. Though Ganesha’s costume could again be made at home, yet it is advisable to buy it online as the mask cannot be made easily at home. You could also hire the costume for a day from the local fancy dress shop.
A plain yellow or white colour cotton saree to be draped with rudraksha beads around the hands and the neck, a white bindi to be smeared on the forehead, some natural earrings made of flowers and a toy sitar. Sitar can be bought online or can be hired for a day from a local shop and the rest of the costume is pretty much doable.
18. LORD RAM
This is again a very easy doable costume for you.
Arrange a yellow dhoti, a white tika to be smeared on the forehead, a dhanush and a wig. Wig and Dhanush need to be arranged from a local fancy store or could be bought online.
All kids at around three years and above love to become a superhero. The costumes for this are readily available online. You could also walk into any of your local markets where you get good options for fancy dress to buy one.
You get really cheap costume online which could be worn once or twice and also a good quality one that can be passed on from one child to another in the family. Here’s one that we found, make sure to double-check the size:
20. CHOTA BHEEM
It tops the list in terms of popularity. It is extremely easy to do it yourself at home costume. Alternatively, you could buy it online from websites like Alibaba.
Orange cloth or dupatta to be tied as dhoti, A long red colour tilak to be put on the forehead, two yellow colour tight fit bracelets and one black thread with a simple yellow homemade pendant in between. You can make a yellow cloth pendant by stitching the cloth in a rectangular shape and sticking it to the centre of the thread.
Chutki is another popular character from chotta bheem series. It is very easy to make Chutki’s costume.
A plain lehenga of cotton without a dupatta, two pigtails to be made with red ribbon, a big red-coloured round bindi to be put on the forehead, pink lipsticks or shadow to be put on the cheeks as shown and a pair of plain bangle.
22. MICKEY MOUSE
Mickey Mouse is loved by small kids a lot. The costume necessarily needs to be bought either online or from a local fancy dress store.
23. DONALD DUCK
Donald Duck is another popular cartoon character for kids. Buy the costume online for this.
It is loved by boys and they look up to Batman for his extraordinary skills. The costume could only be hired from a local shop or could be bought online for very cheap. Here’s one that we found to be decent:
Spiderman is another fictitious cartoon character which is kids’ favourite. It is easy to buy this costume online for very cheap from stores like Amazon. Here’s one that we found:
Boys would love to play Flash for fancy dress if they know what he is known for. The costume has to be bought either online or from any of the local shops.
27. MAHATMA GANDHI
The father of the nation is one of the most sought after characters for fancy dress. You can dress your child up as Mahatma Gandhi for Independence Day fancy dress competition or in any other regular open theme fancy dress competition. Dressing as a Mahatma Gandhi is one of the easiest DIY costumes and can be done in just a few minutes.
A white cotton duppatta or lungi that can be tied as a dhoti, a round-shaped spectacle, a stick and multani mitti or chandan to smear on the head to give a bald look.
There are again many options available online. Here is one that we thought looks good:
28. JHANSI KI RANI
Jhansi Ki Rani is yet another amazing option to dress your child up for a fancy dress. It is extremely easy and again a DIY project. She was an epitome of courage, boldness and independence. A lot of women got inspired by her and took to freedom fighting.
A saree draped in Maharashtrian style, A turban made of cotton dupatta, Liquid bindi to make half-moon shaped bindi, A necklace and a sword. Only a sword needs to be arranged from any local fancy dress prop store or could be ordered online as well.
29. BHAGAT SINGH
This is a unique Independence Day fancy dress theme for boys. You would not see too many kids dressed as Bhagat Singh. ‘Inquilab Zindabad’ is the slogan you should teach your child while dressing him or her as Bhagat Singh.
A big hat, a big moustache and a shirt and one pant is all that is needed. It is a very easy DIY costume provided you can arrange a hat. The moustache can also be drawn using an eye pencil.
There are a few options online too:
30. MANGAL PANDEY
For this, you would need shoulder-length hair wig, a dhoti and a big moustache. If your child’s hair is long then you can tie them in to bring them up to shoulder length; and if it’s shorter than you may have to use a wig. A wig could be arranged from a local market or a local fancy store.
31. MOTHER TERESA
A simple white saree and a navy blue blouse will do it for this. But if you find it difficult to tie a regular saree to your daughter or find one for her size, there are plenty of options available online:
32. SUBHASH CHANDRA BOSE
This is not the easiest costume to make. It would ideal if you can buy one. Most party stores that sell costumes will have it. We found a good one here:
33. JAWAHAR LAL NEHRU
Nehru costume is an all-time favourite in fancy dress competitions at schools. You will need a white Gandhi cap and a white/grey/light brown Nehru collared jacket or shirt. Both of these are easily available in most clothing stores. Add a white pant and some black shoes to this and you have yourselves the most iconic costume from India.
There are some options available online too, here’s one that we liked:
34. RANI LAXMI BAI
Popularly known as Jhansi ki rani is often seen as the epitome of bravery in India. She was an inspiration to the patriots such as Bhagat Singh and Subhash Chandra Bose. It would be a fitting costume for your child to wear for this Independence Day.
Another costume that we would recommend that you buy.
Most kids just love dogs and wish to own them as pets. Dog costume should be bought either online or hired from a local fancy dress shop.
One of the favourite animals of the kids, making your child dressed as a lion is a lot of fun. The best part is that the costume is doable at home and it is so much fun.
Requirements: Jute rope, hat or a cap, brown leggings and brown shirt, scissor, brown and yellow paint
Take some thick jute rope. Cut it into 12 cms pieces or little longer. Color this using brown and yellow paint. Let it dry. Then make big holes on the cap to let this jute pass through. Tie the knots inside the cap to hold the jute threads. Cover the entire cap with these jute ropes or you could choose to cover the front only. Your major part of the costume is ready. Just match it with a brown and mustard shirt and a legging.
Alternatively: You could go for a synthetic yarn available in the shops. You could get it at any fabric and craft store or you could buy it online on any website dealing with knitting and related accessories.
37. JELLY FISH
It is a unique fancy dress option and extremely easily doable at home.
Requirements: An old umbrella, long strips of plastic sheet or preferably a bubble wrap, stapler/glue/tape.
Make your child wear anything that goes along well with the colour of the umbrella. Rest can be understood from the picture below.
38. KOALA BEAR
This is yet another very cute animal character for fancy dress but sadly not many kids are aware of it. But, it would be an instant hit in fancy dress competition and your kid would love to enact this. Of course, the costume needs to be bought online or could be shopped or hired from the local market.
Playing fox in fancy dress is fun and tricky. You could scare others with the scary howl. The costume should be bought online or locally.
Giraffe is loved by all kids for its unique height and friendly behaviour. You would find your kid jump out of excitement when he spots a giraffe in the Zoo. Your kid would love playing Giraffe for sure. The costume needs to be bought online or purchased locally.
Monkey is again most chosen animal character for fancy dress. You could do the costume at home easily.
A brown coloured onesie and a long tail at the back which could be home stitched or could be shopped online, a black sketch pan to draw whiskers on the face. A brown matching cap made of fur or velvet.
Though crocodiles are damn scary it’s fun to dress your child differently for each fancy dress competition. The costume is very difficult to be done at home and much easier to shop online.
One of the friendliest creatures on earth, this guy again appeals all the kids. You could buy the costume online to make it easy.
Rabbits can always carry a carrot in hand and grab a bite or two when enacting it on stage. The costume is easy to be done at home.
A pure white or light pink onesie, one hairband and flexible sturdy wire to attach on it, little flex or fleece is needed. Attach the wires on the hairband to attach big ears on it. The length of the wires should be six inches at least. Cut through the fleece or flex drawn in Rabbit’s ear’s shape and stick it on the wire.
You need to shop the costume online or could be hired from a local store.
Fruits are one of the favourite categories of kids. All kids would love to dress as their favourite fruits. Here, are some really exciting fancy dress ideas for your kids when it comes to dressing them as fruits.
Apple is indeed one of the most loved costumes by kids. If you want it easy then you can just walk into any fancy dress store on rent and can hire the costume for a day or two. Alternatively, you could order it online as well. But, if you like to do some arts and crafts then it can come as an easy DIY costume.
One big size chart paper, red water/oil colour and green water/oil colour, stapler, shorts and one inner. Take one big sized chart paper and cut it into two. Take each half and put it on your child’s front body to check for the size of an apple needed to cover the body. Draw a large apple on the paper big enough to cover the child from beneath the shoulders till knees. Cut it through and colour it red. You could also draw two leaves on top and color it green. Draw exactly same sized apple for the back as well. Make the child wear only shorts and a deep cut sleeveless shirt. But both the paper together over the child and staple them.
Your child will look very cute dressed as a pumpkin either follow DIY process mentioned for apple or buy the costume online.
It is a great option for your kid to dress as watermelon for fancy dress competition. The costume needs to be bought or could be DIY and the process is the same as that mentioned for apple above.
It is very easy to do grapes at home. The kid would also love being grapes on the stage.
You need a small sized balloon either in purple or green colour depending on availability and your child’s preference. These balloons can either be shopped online or could be bought from a local stationery or a fancy store. Just blow up around 15 balloons and tie them together with a thread to make them appear as a bunch of grapes. Attach one long thread horizontally to tie it around the child. Finally, fix this bunch on the child’s dress on to the child’s dress from top and bottom and from the sides.
Strawberries are loved by all kids.
For this, you could buy a polka-dotted pink coloured onesie, or a felt in pink colour which is cut in two pieces into strawberry shapes and attached from the front and back on the child, a bow in green to be tied on the hair. Alternatively, you could shop the costume online.
Either make a DIY costume by buying a yellow felt and green felt. Cut out two equal-sized shapes of mangoes big enough to cover the body of your child. Stitch them together or attach Velcro on them to stick together. Cut two leaves from green felt and stick it on top of the mango.
Alternatively, you could buy a costume online.
For this, you will need a yellow and black colour felt and the process is the same as above or alternatively, you could choose to buy the costume online.
Banana is difficult to do at home so it is advisable to buy the costume either locally or online. You could choose to make a costume of paper and the process is similar to one mentioned for apple above.
Kids look really cute when they are dressed as pineapples. The costume needs to be bought online or locally.
We would recommend buying these costumes as making them is quite a hassle, and they are available for a modest price online.
57. POLICE OFFICER
59. CONSTRUCTION WORKER
HOW TO PREPARE YOUR CHILD FOR A FANCY DRESS ON STAGE?
Make him/her practice the lines in front of the camera without the costume first.
Once he has learnt the lines, then try it on with the costume.
Record videos and show it to your child and make him practice it over and over again with the costume on.
Facing the camera will help him face the crowd easily while he or she is on stage.
School Competitions Fancy Dress Ideas
Fancy Dress Ideas for School Competitions for Children:
Choosing a costume for fancy dress competition for kids might seem like a Herculean, gargantuan and an impossibly complex task. We at BookMyCostume understand this fact completely, and to help you choose the perfect costume, have put together a handy, exhaustive TO-DO list, regarding your costume choice.
Generally, the initial set-up depends on your child’s school or educational institute that might have assigned fancy dress themes for groups of children. It might be your responsibility to select the most interesting and unique costume for your baby. Mostly you might want to select from a wide variety of ideas yourself, taking creative input from your child of course. Those little bosses are important to please.
Do it Yourself – Once the costume choice has been finalized, you can start planning whether you want to make it or go for a readymade costume. Find an image / reference on google, get raw material etc. and apply your creative brains.
Readymade costume – It is hard though, in today’s world, to go completely DIY. Our hectic schedules don’t give us too much breathing room, and stitching together the perfect costume sounds just about as appealing as watching paint dry. A conundrum!
- Local Shop – It has the advantage of trying out the costumes physically and deciding will it suit the kid. It used to be the obvious choice for buying dresses, be it normal apparels or fancy dresses, but not anymore. The local shops have those overused, unwashed, foul-smelling, unhygienic clothes for kids which stays in the shelf for too long to be considered new and beautiful. They don’t have all the size range available neither all the variety for your little one who needs to be perfect for the school fancy dress competitions or any fun activity. Also they have to be picked up and delivered by yourself, which in this hectic life could be so tiring.
- BookMyCostume – If you want a premium hassle free-experience, there’s always BookMyCostume.com to the rescue! We provide the most wide range of costumes from movie costumes like Bahubali, Krrish, and Dabangg to national leaders like Subhash Chandra Bose and Mahatama Gandhi and cartoon characters like Doraemon and Chota Bheem to Halloween costumes like Dracula and Waitch. Talking about ease of buying, you can always book our costumes sitting at the comfort of your home and taking as much time as you wish for deciding. We are also assisting you during working hours with the helpline number and email provided. The costume you will see at our website is of best quality, well maintained, washed & dry-cleaned to make sure it is extremely hygienic for your kid. Our extremely quick and efficient delivery service will deliver the clothes straight at your door-step and pick it up from from the same place after a couple of days as well and will assist you with due diligence.
A few of our most popular themes that might also help you decide your costume choice for your little one include:
1) Movie Characters:
- Baahubali Warrior Indian Movie Character with Helmet & Sword Kids & Adults Fancy Dress Costume, the current trending popular Indian movie character which we provide exclusively all over India with helmet & sword and shield in the premium look just like the original costume. Dress it and feel the power of Amrendra Bahubali who is the saviour of his kingdom!
- Captain America, leader of the Avengers. He is a marvel comics superhero and whom you may have seen in the Avengers movies and Captain America movies.
- Elsa, from the billion dollar franchise Frozen.
- CuteKung Fu Panda, the dragon warrior.
- Storm Troopers from the classic movie Star Wars.
- Iron Man aka Tony Stark from the Marvel’s comics and the Iron Man movie series and Avengers movies.
- Supergirl from the DC comics who is the idol of every girl.
- Batman the dark knight another superhero from DC comics.
- My Friend Ganesha Cartoon Character Kids & Adults Fancy Dress Costume which the kids love and adore so much.
- Krrish Indian Bollywood Movie Superhero Kids Fancy Dress Costume which is India’s first superhero movie and it comes with a shining black dress identical to the real Krrish.
2) Indian States and Folk Dances Fancy Dress:
- Several state traditional costumes such as Haryana State Traditional Thel Costume for Girls and Women.
- Kashmiri costume traditional Indian outfit for boys etc.
- Gujarati Garba for Boys and Girls.
- Punjabi Folk Dance Costume Bhangra for Boys and Men fancy dress costumes.
- Maharashtra Indian State Fancy Dress Costume for Boys and Men giving your kid a beautiful Marathi look.
- Goa Indian State Fancy Dress Costume for Boys and Men which will give the kids an exotic look by wearing this Indian fancy dress.
- Kerala Indian State Onam Fancy Dress Costume for Boys and Men kids fancy dress which gives the kids a southern look.
- Western Dance Costume for Boys for your little champ to look like Michael Jackson.
3) Historically Important Figures:
- Rani Laxmi Bai, the greatest warrior of her time
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, India’s brave freedom fighter.
- The Egyptian Pharaoh King Tutankhamun, the most famous kings of his time.
- Mother Teresa Dress with Scarf Kids Fancy Dress Costume giving a highly regarded personality to your kid.
- Rani Laxmi Bai Jhansi ki Rani Kids Fancy Dress Costume for Girls with Accessories giving a brave and proud theme to your kid for fancy dress competitions.
- Bhagat Singh Freedom Fighter Kids Fancy Dress Costume which is a perfect fancy dress idea for your kid to win a fancy dress competitions.
- Dress your kid as the 1st prime minister of India Jawahar Lal Nehru Panditji Prime Minister Fancy Dress Costume.
4) Animals and Birds:
- Tiger Fancy Dress, the apex predator, a fan favorite.
- Giraffe Fancy Dress, a wacky and fun costume
- Kangaroo Fancy Dress, hop hop on the Australian animal!
- Peacock (with Feathers) Bird Fancy Dress Costume and dress your kid as the national bird of the India.
- Owl Kids Fancy Dress Costume and you will feel smart and intelligent with this animal and bird fancy dress costume.
- Penguin Aquatic Bird Kids Fancy Dress Costume and give this sea animal look to your kid.
- Lion Sher Animal Kids Fancy Dress Costume and give your kid a brave and powerful fancy dress animal costume for your kid.
- Elephant Animal Kids Fancy Dress Costume another great fancy dress idea.
BookMyCostume simply seems to offer so much variety! Whew! Simply come over, and choose the perfect costume for your kid, from several hundreds of choices of this animal and bird fancy dress costume.
5) Cartoon Fancy Dress Costume:
- Kung Fu Panda Movie Cartoon Character Kids Fancy Dress Costume which is from the movie about a cute panda.
- Peppa Pig Cartoon Kids Fancy Dress Costume which is another lovely cartoon fancy dress for your kid and which has got a beautiful pink jumpsuit which.
- Ninja Hattori-kun Kids Fancy Dress Costume which is yet another favourite cartoon character of kids and will be perfect for a fancy dress competition for kids.
- Ben 10 Cartoon Kids Fancy Dress Costume is one of the most loved kids fancy dress.
- Doraemon Cartoon Kids Fancy Dress Costume which is certainly the most loved cartoon fancy dress in our list, and who is equally adored by the parents as well as the kids.
- Chota Bheem Cartoon Kids Fancy Dress Costume which is these days most loved cartoon fancy dress character of the kids.
- Pokemon Cartoon Kids Fancy Dress Costume is a cartoon fancy dress which is loved by everyone from young kids to adults equally which fits almost any fancy dress themes for your kid.
- Jerry Cartoon Kids Fancy Dress Costume which is a part of the most iconic franchise Tom & Jerry will certainly be loved by any age group for a childrens’ fancy dress.
6) Superheroes Fancy Dress Costumes:
- Hulk Avengers Superhero Kids Fancy Dress Costume with Mask which comes with a green dress and will make your kid really powerful and big.
- Thor Avengers Superhero Kids Fancy Dress Costume another fan favourite superhero from Marvel who has an powerful hammer to fight his enemies.
- Spiderman Superhero Kids Fancy Dress Costume which is perfect for your little one who can learn about power and responsibility with this red fancy dress costume.
- Batman Superhero Kids Fancy Dress Costume which is a perfect superhero costumes or superhero fancy dress for your kid.
- Superman Kids Fancy Dress Costume who is the strongest superhero out here. Dress this exclusive costumes for kids and your kid will feel invincible.
- Iron Man Avengers Kids Fancy Dress Costume which is from Marvel’s superhero franchisee and dress your kid as a smart and powerful Tony Stark aka Iron Man kids fancy dress.
- Wonder Woman Kids Fancy Dress Costume who is a part of the DC movies Justice League team which is one of the most powerful group of superheroes in the world. This costume makes a perfect fancy dress costume for girls.
7) Fruits and Flower Fancy Dress Costume:
- Cauliflower Phool Gobhi Vegetable Kids Fancy Dress Costume which can be used for a fancy dress competition for kids and your kid will look healthy and nutritious in this fancy dress theme.
- Green Peas Hari Matar Vegetable Kids Fancy Dress Costume which provide a perfect fancy dress costume for fancy dress competition for kids.
- Pear Fruit Kids Fancy Dress Costume which is a perfect fruit fancy dress costume for your kid.
- Mango Fruit Kids Fancy Dress Costume which is called the king of fruits in India. Dress your kid as mango in this fancy dress competition for kids and he will win it for sure.
- Orange Santra Kinnow Fruit Kids Fancy Dress Costume is a perfect fruit costumes for both Boys/girls fancy dress competitions.
- Watermelon Fruit Kids Fancy Dress Costume which is a perfect fancy dress costume for kids.
- Papaya Fruit Kids Fancy Dress Costume which provide a perfect fancy dress costume for fancy dress competition for kids.
- Orange Flower Kids Fancy Dress Costume which is beautiful fancy dress costume idea for boys and girls both.
8) Gods and Mythological Fancy Dress Costume
- Shri Ram Hindu God King Ramlila Mythology Kids & Adults Fancy Dress Costume for kids to appear as Lord Rama of Ayodhya.
- Lord Hanuman Bajrang Bali Hindu God Kids & Adults Fancy Dress Costume | With Gada to dress your kid as the almighty Lord Hanuman as a fancy dress costume.
- Raavan Sita Haran Sadhu Vesh Ramayan Fancy Dress Costume for dressing your kid in Ramlila Fancy dress costume.
- Vanwasi Sita Fancy Dress Costume for dressing your kid in Remleela Fancy dress costume.
- Laxman Prince Ram’s Brother Ramlila Mythology Kids & Adults Fancy Dress Costume for dressing your kid in Raamlila Fancy dress costume.
- Vanwasi Laxman Kids Ramlila Character Fancy Dress Costume for dressing your kid in Ramalila Fancy dress costume.
- Vanwasi Ram Ramlila Character Kids Fancy Dress Costume for dressing your kid in Ramlila Fancy dress costume.
- Rani Sita Girls and Women Fancy Dress Costume | Ramlila Dussehra Ramayana Mythology for dressing your kid in Ramleela Fancy dress costume.
- Shri Krishna Dhoti Kurta Polka Dots Kids & Adults Fancy Dress Costume for dressing up your kid as Shri Krishna in Janmastami and other fancy dress competitions in school.
- Radha Fancy Dress Costume for dressing up your kid in beautiful Radha costume for girls fancy dress costume.
- Shri Ganesha Hindu God Kids & Adults Fancy Dress Costume as natkhat Bal Ganesh costume for kids fancy dress.
9) Nature Fancy Dress Costumes:
- Rainbow Kids Fancy Dress Costume for your kid to dress up as nature theme fancy dress costume.
- Star Nature Kids Fancy Dress Costume for your kid to dress up as nature theme fancy dress costume.
- Moon Nature Kids Fancy Dress Costume for your kid to dress up as nature theme fancy dress costume.
- Sun Nature Kids Fancy Dress Nature Costume for your kid to dress up as nature theme fancy dress costume.
- Star Nature Kids Fancy Dress Costume for your kid to dress up as nature theme fancy dress costume.
10) Professional & Helpers fancy dress costumes:
- Prisoner Thief Community Helper Kids Fancy Dress Costume for your kid to dress up as community fancy dress costume.
- Fireman Fire Fighter Community Helper Kids Fancy Dress Costume for your kid to dress up as community fancy dress costume.
- Indian Air Force Defense Pilot Uniform Kids Fancy Dress Costume for your kid to dress up as a responsible unit of the air force of Indian defense which would go as a nice fancy dress costume for kids , boys and girls all.
- Judge Barrister Kids Fancy Dress Costume to dress up your kid as community helpers fancy dress for a nice fancy dress costume for school competitions.
- Chef Professional Kids Fancy Dress Costume to dress up as a cute chef of a 5 star restaurant and cook delicious foods.
- Indian Postman Community Helper Kids Fancy Dress Costume for your kid to dress up as childrens fancy dress costume.
- Doctor Physician Professional Fancy Dress Costume for your kid to dress up for a professional children fancy dress costume which is also a costume rental and buy.
- Traffic Police Community Helpers Fancy Dress Costume to dress up your kid as community helpers fancy dress for a nice fancy dress costume for school competitions.
- Police Community Helper Kids Fancy Dress Costume to dress up your kid as community helpers fancy dress for a nice fancy dress costume for school competitions available as a costume rental and buy both.
- Astronaut Kids Fancy Dress Costume to dress up your kid as highly regarded NASA or ISRO astronaut for school fancy dress competitions available as costume rental and buy both for boys fancy dress and girls fancy dress.
- Indian Navy Professionals & Community Helpers Kids Fancy Dress Costume for your kid to dress up as a responsible unit of the air force of Indian navy which would go as a nice fancy dress costume for kids , boys and girls all.
- Magician Kids Fancy Dress Costume to dress your kid as an entertaining magician which will delight everyone.
11) Things Around Us or Currently Trending Issues Fancy Dress Costume:
- New Two Thousands Rupees Currency Note Kids Fancy Dress Costume another fancy dress idea for your kid to give a speech on the newly introduced currency by our government. Costume Rentals and Buy both available.
- New Five Hundred 500 rupees note Kids Fancy Dress Costume fancy dress idea for your kid to give a speech on the newly introduced currency by our government. Costume Rentals and Buy both available.
- Dettol Handwash Original Green Kids Fancy Dress Costume fancy dress idea for making your kid promote Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan.
- Colgate Toothpaste Kids Fancy Dress Costume fancy dress costume idea for fancy dress competitions in school etc.
- Book Education Literacy Theme Fancy dress Costume fancy dress costume idea for fancy dress competitions in school etc.
- Frooti Mango Juice Drink Kids Fancy Dress Costume fancy dress costume idea for fancy dress competitions in school etc.
- Lays Fast Food Fancy Dress Costume fancy dress costume idea for fancy dress competitions in school etc.
- Traffic Light Fancy Dress Costume fancy dress costume idea for fancy dress competitions in school etc.
- Donate Blood Socila Awareness Fancy Dress Costume fancy dress costume idea for fancy dress competitions in school etc.
12) Christmas Theme Fancy Dress Costume:-
- Buy Santa Claus With Beard Christmas New Year Kids & Adults Fancy Dress Costume which will help your kid learn a lot about Christmas and give me joy of being kids most loved fancy dress costume.
- Christian Nun Girl Kids Adults Fancy Dress Costume another great Christmas costume for kids which is a great fancy dress costume idea for girls and you’ll certainly like it.
- Fairy with White Wings Girls and Female Fancy Dress Costume which is a perfect fancy dress costume for girls and a great fancy dress idea for school competitions. It is also available in rentals.
13 Digitalization Theme Fancy Dress Costume:
- Laptop Digital India Kids Fancy Dress Costume is a great fancy dress idea for fancy dress competitions in this era of growing digitalization.
- Mobile Phone Digital India Kids Fancy Dress Costume is a great fancy dress idea for fancy dress competitions in this era of growing digitalization.
- Whatsapp Social Media Messaging Technology Fancy Dress Costume is a great fancy dress idea for fancy dress competitions in this era of growing digitalization.
- ATM Money Dispensing Machine Kids Fancy dress Costume is a great fancy dress idea for fancy dress competitions in this era of growing digitalization.
14 World is a Family International Fancy Dress Costumes:
- Hawaiian Hula Fancy Dress Costume for Girls and Females for girls which will provide them an international and exotic look.
- Snow White Disney Princess & the Seven Dwarfs Fairy tale Kids Fancy Dress Costume for girls which will provide them an international appearance and the famous Snow White dress which is available for costume rentals.
- Medieval Fairytale Prince King Kids Fancy Dress Costume which will give your kid an international look in this fancy dress competition and its really worth it.
- Japanese Boy International World Costume which will give your kid an international look in this fancy dress competition and its really worth it. It is available for both boys and girls.
- Japanese Girl Kimono International World Costume which will give your kid an international look in this fancy dress competition and its really worth it. It is available for both boys and girls.
Ideas for a Fancy Dress Competition for Children
Fancy dress competitions for children are fairly common for entertainment and fund raising. With so many ideas for a fancy dress competition for children, you may find it hard to choose which format is the best one. Since children are involved as the focal point of the event, finding ways to keep the kids engaged and make every child feel included is the key to pulling off a successful event.
A good way to get children excited and keep every child involved in a fancy dress competition is to give the competition a fun theme. The website Indian Child recommends using themes that children can relate to, such as animals, fairy tales, cartoon characters and movies.
Plays and Dialogue
Grace N Glamour recommends having the children put on a performance or recite short monologues for entertainment during the event. This works best if the children are given advance notice so that they can learn and practice their parts beforehand.
Invite siblings, parents and other relatives of the children to come and watch the fancy dress competition. Encourage the audience to applaud, which can help the children to feel supported and more confident.
Have prizes like medallions ready to give out to winners of different contests, such as “Most Creative Outfit,” “Fanciest Dress,” and other titles. It’s best to make sure every child gets some sort of prize so that no child feels left out.
Plan games and activities as part of the fancy dress competition. Pictionary, tag and trivia quizzes, are all fun activities that most kids will enjoy. Activities and games are especially useful before and after the child goes on stage. These activities keep the children busy while other children are showing off their fancy dresses.
Let’s add creativity to stylish kids dresses by focusing on unique face painting ideas for a fancy dress competition.
Colors are the beauty of life. They sparkle more when spread on cute faces of kids. A fancy dress competition is a great opportunity for kids as they are able to showcase their colors of talents and skills.
Parents should support and help their kids in providing a unique theme for their competition. Worry not! If you are unable to find a creative yet simple face painting idea, then this post is for you. Here is a list of 14 face painting ideas that you would love to pick one of them for your kid. Read on:
1. Butterfly Theme
Amazingly famous, you can outline butterfly on your kids’ face and fill it with their favorite colors. It is simple to do. Outline the wings of a butterfly with soft nib sketch around your child’s eyes, stretching them through the cheeks. Then make the design splendid with beautiful colors. Add a sprinkle of glitter, and you are done.
2. Spiderman Face Mask
You don’t need to buy the mask, but make it on your child’s face. Though it seems simple, the parent or a friend of a kid needs to be very attentive while painting it. One wrong line of a Spiderman look and the whole theme gets spoiled. Therefore, keep it simple.
Color the white eyes first. Then, color the face red. Leave the face for a while to dry. Then, draw the net on kid’s face with a thin paintbrush. All good!
3. Combat Soldier
Hit the pro look! This is the simplest yet expressive look ever. If your kid decides to wear an army dress in the fancy dress competition, then why to leave his face blank? Transform your kid’s innocent look into a soldier’s look with simple paint technique.
You just need 3 sponges along with good muddy colors. Yes, you can paint face imperfectly here!
4. Floral Look
Easy yet beautiful, you need a good quality face painting brush to design flowers on the face. Make the petals with a brush and use the back side (the tip of the paintbrush) to draw small leaves around the flowers.
Get this magnificent design in moments, floral designs are uniquely eternal in their own.
5. Tiger or Roaring Face Look
If your kid is under 8, then this look is definitely for him. For some reasons, a tiger look is an impeccably famous face painting choice at parties, events, and fairs. Moreover, parents prefer to buy tiger costumes for their kids for any themed party or fancy dress competition.
To think out of the box, tiger face painting is yet another way to roar the inner you. Pick a sponge and orange color. You need to pick the orange color similar to the kid’s dress; he chooses to wear for the event.
Paint kid’s chin, forehead, and cheeks in orange color and use the white paint to make eyes and area beneath the nose. Draw fangs on the lips with white paint. At last, color the nose black and make whiskers with black paint.
6 Snowflakes and Frozen Face Theme
Perfectly designed for kids under seven, Snowflakes and Frozen Face theme will look apt on your princess if she decides to wear white flared gown for the competition. Let her personality speaks up her thoughts through the face theme.
Make sure you have plenty of white and blue face paint. Create a design of frozen and snowflakes on her forehead and spread glitters around it. That’s it! You can pick any other color depending on the color of the clothes she is wearing.
7. Cat Look
Go with a simple one! Yes, the same as your children make on their notebook, but only the cat’s face. The cat theme will look classy if your kids wear jumpsuits. Paint the face in white color and draw whiskers on the section beneath the nose. Either you can use hairband having ears on it or you can make ears above the eyebrows. That’s all!
8. Puppy Look
If your child’s friends are going with cat look or kitten look, then you suggest him to go with a puppy face look. Make a cute face painting with the magic of white and black colors. Paint the face with white color and draw patches around one eye with black. You can make small patches on the forehead also. Make whiskers with a thin brush in black.
9. Snowman on Cheeks
Painting face is simple yet tricky sometimes. But, still, there is a solution. Getting dressed up in a snowman appearance can also work for a fancy dress competition. But, for the face, if you are not much confident to paint it, then making a snowman only on kid’s cheeks will also look cool.
It’s easy to draw a snowman with a paint brush. Make a snowman with white color, scarf in blue, and eyes and nose in black and red respectively. Done!
10. Mickey Mouse
The Boss of Disney and kid’s favorite character, Mickey Mouse is quite simple to draw on kid’s face. But, to look like Mickey Mouse, only face painting won’t work. You need to buy kids wear including red shorts and a black t-shirt.
For painting the face, draw Mickey’s ears above the eyebrows with black. Paint the area beneath the eyes with red and one yellow round patch on each cheek.
11. Landscape Beauty Face Painting
How about painting a land around the chin portion with two coconut trees stretching up to the eye level, covering cheeks with sea blue color, and making sun at the forehead? You might have got an idea of what to do. Thus, show your creativity beyond your simplicity level.
Well, this can be the environmental-friendly theme; you can buy dresses for your kids in green, blue, or white for a perfect match with the face.
12. Fairy Eyes Painting
Your daughter is already flaunting her personality in a princess gown, but you need to complete the look. Just paint around eyes. Draw the wings around the eyes and sprinkle some glitters according to the gown or frock’s color. Also, you can make a crown on her forehead with golden glitters and stars around it with silver glitters.
A dazzling appearance that a child can get ever! Let your child go colorful throughout the competition. You have many options to draw a rainbow on a face. Either you fill the whole face with a rainbow pattern or paint only the forehead in curved shape.
A fancy dress competition is all about creativity. Set a colorful dress combination for your kids by shopping from various shopping portals, and match the theme.
14. Minion Choice
Firstly, Minion is almost a favorite of every child. After all, the animated movie Despicable Me has entertained us in many ways. If you don’t know how to draw it, your child can definitely help you out, because it’s simple to paint one eye in black and white, and the whole face in yellow.
You can easily buy dresses for your kids for this theme as a yellow shirt and black trouser is all you need.
Regardless of whichever face painting you are after, select clothes according to the theme you choose. Therefore, you being a parent need to be wise and attentive in encouraging your kids from all the sides. Therefore, look for the best, and buy kids dresses online for matching the face theme aptly.
Fancy dress is one of the most thrilling things and fun for kids and joy for parents. Kids basically love to dress apart and resemble their most favorite fruit, animal, technology, famous people, superheroes or any cartoon character. You can choose an idea you and your kid likes the most. All schools host fancy dress competition once a year to make the kids happy. So kids need to dress up for the competition in school. On such an event, the parents need to use up the brain to get unique ideas. The fancy dresses can be rented from the market, buy online or make it home. Most of the fancy dress ideas are easy & simple and could be done at home with little cost.
We have also published article related to Dakota fanning lifestyle and how to make selfies with dorian rossini.
Unique fancy dress ideas for kids
Dressing up for your kid with different costumes is joy and happiness. It will make the parents more exciting when they get to dress up their kid in a special costume. Are you searching for unique fancy dress ideas for kids for party or competition? If so then you have arrived at the right destination. Here in the below section get more best and unique fancy ideas for your children.
- Cartoon character theme
The cartoon characters dresses are one of the easiest and simplest to dress up for the kid. The kids usually like a cartoon. You can choose your kid favorite character as a fancy dress so that he or she enjoys it more and more. Some of the cartoon characters are Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Dora, etc. One can easily find all these costumes anywhere.
- Animal theme
Animal theme costumes are very easy to get. It is one of the popular theme options for fancy dress. It will be ideal for children and toddlers of all age. Some of the popular animals to dress up are dinosaur, lion, rabbit, bear, dog, cat, monkey, tiger and many others.
- Fairy tale and princess costumes
One of the unique fancy dress ideas for kids is princess and fairy tale theme. This theme dress will be more suitable for the girl child. Just you need to dress up your little one in a long gown and silver slippers.
- Superhero fancy dress idea
The superhero fancy dress is another unique idea for children. This costume is very easy to make. Just you need a cap, mask, and dress. The popular superhero costumes are Batman, superman, spider-man, Krrish and many others. Choose anyone according to your kid favorite.
- Nature-themed fancy dress
Do you need to say a strong message about the environment via your kid fancy dress competition? Then you can definitely choose nature-themed fancy dress. There is numerous top nature-themed fancy dress ideas for children such as tree, flower, cloud, earth, sun, etc.
- Fruits and vegetable costumes
Fruits and vegetable costumes are other unique fancy dress ideas for kids. Your kid will look so cute when they dress up like banana, apple, pear, chili, peas, carrot, etc.
- Traffic signal
Traffic signal fancy dress is very easy and simple. You can make this costume at home with little cost. You can create awareness about the traffic rules by this fancy dress idea.
- Barbie doll
Barbie doll is another fancy dress idea for kids. Barbie is liked by all. It is very simple and easy to dress your kid like a Barbie.
- Famous person costumes
When your kid is participating in a fancy dress competition, it is a very good idea to pick a famous person costume. When your kid is dressed up like a famous person, he or she will get a chance to initiate the person.
- Insect’s themed fancy dress
Insects are a very famous option for fancy dress costumes. It will give beautiful look to your kid. You can dress up your kid like a butterfly, ladybird, bee, and snail.
- Republic day theme
The republic day theme is one of the unique fancy dress ideas for kids. You can dress up your kid like Mahatma Gandhi, Bhagat Singh, and many others.
- Harry Potter fancy dress
Harry Potter is one of the most famous and popular characters in literary fiction. If your kid is a boy, then without any doubt you can pick this idea.
- Community Helper themed idea
You can dress up your kids like doctor, chef, policeman, teacher, fireman, nurse, pilot, and farmer.
- God-themed fancy dress idea
God theme is another unique fancy dress idea for a kid. You can outfit up your kid like Shiva, Lakshmi, Radha, Ram, Krishna, etc.
- Food theme
The food theme is one of the fancy dress ideas for the kid. One can dress up their kid as burger, cupcakes, candy and many others.