A. How to Make a Model in Roblox Studio
The models are combined parts that can be used. Whether it’s a really cool car or some kind of deadly trap, it’s all essential to making a game. Templates can be used by everyone; yes, all users, as long as you publish! Fortunately, this article will teach you how to make a model.
1. Open Studio
To create a model, you must first open Roblox Studio, the Roblox development system. If you have not downloaded Studio, you can simply download it from the Develop section on the Roblox website.
2. Open or create a place
Making a model is like a normal game. You must first place your model in a place where it can be made. Open or create a new location so that you can host and develop your model.
3. Add a part
A model is nothing more than a group of pieces that are combined and modified to look like a real object. Add the first part of your model by going to the Model tab and selecting the type of part you want by clicking on the drop-down menu called Part.
4. Configure the part
Use the Move, Scale, Rotate, Transform, Material and Color tools to make your part better and what you want. Make sure to make the part as real as possible so that your model can be developed.
- The move tool allows you to move the part by scratching the two lines that will move the part up and to the left / right.
- You can use the scale tool to control the size of the part. The 3 movable circles change the overall size, width, length, etc.
- The lathe tool rotates the piece when its circles are touched. This allows the part to bend in all possible directions and angles.
- The Transform tool is an advanced version of the Move, Scale and Rotate tools with many more options for the part.
- Use the material option on the Model tab to change the part’s texture. This allows you to make your model more realistic, for example, by making a wood look like wood.
- Use the color option on the Model tab to change the color of a part / model.
5. Add more pieces
Repeat the last two steps until you think your model is good enough. Make sure your model looks real, otherwise nobody will use it and it will spoil the overall look of your game.
6. Group your model
This is the final step for a very simple model. To group your parts, you need to select all of your parts by clicking the Shift key and selecting all of your model’s parts on the Workspace tab. After selecting your parts, group them by going to Model and clicking on Group.
- You can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + G.
7. Add code or other aspects
If you want to add special functionality to your model to extend it, you can add scripts or effects. You can also add them to individual parts for even more complicated models. Some of the features you can add are listed below.
- Other scripts
- They can be kill blocks, buttons or anything you can imagine.
If you want your model to publish your model in the Models section of your profile, you can publish it by right-clicking on the desktop and clicking Save to Roblox. Now you must fill in the chart and finish it by clicking on the big button there. This does not mean that other users can buy your model! Read the point below.
- To sell your model, click on the button on the left and read about saving your model as a new asset so that users can buy and use it in the toolbox.
9. Look for a confirmation pop-up
A confirmation menu will appear if successful, as errors occur.
10. Have fun with your model
You can now integrate your model with other games. Have a good time!
B. How to Make a Model of Yourself on Roblox
Have you always wanted to be a model of yourself? This is a quick and easy way to do this. This article shows you how to create and publish these templates.
- Log in to Roblox and go to “Develop”. Click Edit in any of your active or inactive locations.
- Click on F6 on your keyboard. You will be placed in test mode. You can also click on “Test” at the top of the screen and then click on “Play”.
- Go to Explorer and find your username on the desktop.
- Right click on your username and click on “Select Children”. Everything under your username must be selected.
- Right-click on a selected item and click “Group”.
After doing this, you will see the following:
- Right click on “Template” and click “Rename”. You can name it as you like.
- Publish. Right-click Model and click Save to Roblox. You should get a window similar to the image. Then click on “Create new”.
- After clicking “Create New”, you will see:
- Name the model and add a description. Click “Finish” when you’re done.
- Leave your studio and go back to “Develop” and go to “Models”.
- You will be taken to a page like the one in the photo. Find your model. Then click on the gray arrow. It must be first on the list.
- Configure the model. Make it a free item if you want everyone to use it. However, you cannot make money from models. They are free to use.
You finished! Add the model to a set and show it to your friends!